Wednesday, August 05, 2009

What's My Age Again?


Eleven years ago I fell in love with a band called blink-182. We were on our way home fromt he boat going over a little bridge in Simcoe, ON by a school the first time I herd What's My Age Again by Blink-182 on the radio. Their cd, Ennema of the State, was the first one I actually paid for with my own money. Blink-182 introduced me to a whole world of bands and turned me into the music lover I am today.

After this Saturday I can finally say that I have been to a blink-182 concert. I don't even have a seat. I paid $20 for a lawn ticket that I bought off a guy on kijiji. His aunt passed away and he needed to sell his tickets. I feel bad that I got a great deal on tickets from his misfortune, but I am thankful for this opportunity.

Mark Hoppus is my hero. I will finally get the chance to see him play with the band that made him who he is today. Life is good.

No comments: