Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Twist In My Story


After a phone conversation that ended badly, 5 days of silence, a phone conversation filled with tears and a potential end to our relationship, a forward and not so nice conversation between one of my best friends and my boyfriend followed by another telephone conversation, I think I can safely say things have been smoothed over between my boyfriend and I.

He showed up on my door step at 12 midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning. He held three flowers in his hand that he had picked because there wasn't anymore open that had flowers this late at night. (My friend NB instantly informed me that Sobey's is 24 hours and you can get flowers there upon hearing this story. Apparently these are things girls just know lol.) He had driven from Niagara Falls. He had intended on staying the night and then crossing the boarder on Friday for the blink-182 concert in buffalo. He said the last time he was in Niagara was with me. Being there only made him sad, lonely and miss me.

I assumed that he wanted to talk and suggested we go for a walk. Instead we slow danced in the parking lot and went to sobeys so he could buy a wrap and ice cream. I got an Arizona Ice Tea out of the deal so it worked for me. He spent the night and was asleep by two and back on the road by one today for the blink-182 show in Buffalo. He apologized several times during his brief stay. He was worried to leave me because of the state we had been in recently. He called me from Buffalo to check in. He picked me up a blink-182 tote bag. I collect tote bags from various bands. His sweet gesture was surprising and appreciated. It feels nice to be special; to know that you matter to someone else.

A friend from High School has recently come back into my life. We've always talked off and on but it's been steady for the past few months. I'm usually his go to girl for advice. He trusts my opinion because when it comes to his life I am always right. When he goes against what I advice he later comes to regret it. I'm not sure why this is, but I jokingly refer to it as 'my gift' with him. I was suppose to meet up with him this evening but blew him off to go to NB's place and hang out there for a few hours. He messages me later asking to talk. he proceeds to tell me about issues with an ex girl friend. When finished his tale he says, "Would you like to hear my other problem?" His follow up to that is: "I'm falling for you."

Sadly my advice only works when I can give it without being biast. What an awkward position to be in, wouldn't you say?

Later Days
Santi

2 comments:

Anne Theresa said...

BF seems like a worthy guy, in spite of missing the 24-hour availability of flowers. (Good catch NB!)

Slow-dancing in the parking lot and a new tote bag for your collection, very nice.

All this and a not-so-secret admirer, some girls have all the luck :)

His girl Friday said...

Just not the luck where I need it! lol