Sunday, May 24, 2009

We are half alone our hearts are leaving home



I love music. There is something about it that gives it to make everything in your world seem not so bad for two and a half minutes. I fell in love with music when I was ten. I honestly believe that I would not be the same person if I had never herd "What's my age again" by Blink182. By listening to them it opened me up to a whole world of bands.

It is my opinion that music is best enjoyed live. There's a certain energy that can be found at live shows that cannot be duplicated else where. It's hard for me to explain this energy to you. I guess it's just the kind of thing you need to experience first hand. Every thing about my life and who I am feels right for an hour. I am happiest in front of a stage. I will probably require hearing aids before I am 40, but it is a small price to pay.

One of the only bands I make a point of seeing every time they come to town is The Academy Is... I have all three of their cds. With each passing album they gain more of an indie sound than a power pop band. They grow with their audience. Lead singer William Beckett's lyrics ans melodic voice have a way of speaking to my soul. I highly recomend checking out their latest cd 'Fast Times At Barrington High' as your ears will be in for a treat.

I have a tattoo on my right wrist for their second album, Santi. It is supose to meaning anything positive if I understood it correctly. Within a week I regretted it. I couldn't sleep because I thought I had made a terrible mistake. I now see it as one of the best things I've done. I can look at my wrist during hard times and be reminded to stay positive through out everything. I'm reminded of the music that has saved me on countless occaisons.

I guess my only purpose today is to give some much deserved credit to an amazing band. They have a genuinely good sound and are some of the nicest boys you will ever meet.

www.myspace.com/theacademyis
www.thewilliambeckettblog.com
www.theanimalupstairs.com

Santi
Later Days

No comments: