Friday, May 22, 2009

Cool Breeze


I feel like I should be disappointed. I had high hopes for this lovely Friday. I expected blue skies and high temperatures. The boy that I am involved with had planed on making the trip from Mississauga to my small by comparison city to see me. I was going to show my abandoned swim suit some love and we were going to enjoy all that Grand Bend has to offer. I was looking forward to slaping on some tanning lotion that smells like a tropical alcoholic drink and getting some much needed colour into my paler than Nicole Kidman skin. From Yesterday, my view of tomorow looked quite nice.

I woke up sometime before 8am unwillingly by a Mother, who by the tone in her voice was not pleased to be starting another day. I reluctantly got up after my second or third wake up call and prceded to get dressed. The denim capis I had envisoned myself wearing the night before were sitting in a laundry basket waiting to reach the dryer. I settled for something different with the intention of changing later. As I walked my seven year old brother to school as per my usual rutine I realised that the weather didn't exactly meet up to my expectations. The was a thick blanket of puffy grey clouds over head and the temperature was at least 10 degrees cooler than the 30 degree weather we had yesterday. There was also a light breeze in addition to the mild temperature. I returned home to a quiet and empty house and sat down to check my e-mail. A message was waiting in my inbox, informing me that a certain boy will no longer be Cambridge bound today as he has been called into work. I supose giving the current state of the economy I to would cancle plans for $25 an hour.

Instead of sitting in Allan's red daytona speeding down a back road with the windows down I am left sitting in my parent's living room using a video game console to connect to the world wide web. I will more than likely spend my day working on house hold chores and my weekend will be spent looking after that same seven year old I took to school this morning. I should be disappointed. I should be upset that I am not worth more than $25/h. I should be angry that my ghost like complextion will have to wait to be painted by the sun. I should be annoyed that I am a young 21 year old girl and that my lack of an itinerary is causing me to waste my youth. Keeping all that in mind I don't have a single negative feeling in my body. The cool breeze comming in from the screen door is comforting. The thought that it might rain brings a small and simple smile to my face.

There is no point in getting worked up over things that I cannot control. There will be plenty of time for hot summer days at the beach, long car rides, kisses and sunsets. This summer has the potential to be epic and I have every intention of making the most of it. I recently herd the new single for All Time Low's new cd. The song is called 'Weightless'. A line in the song's chorus really stuck with me and I've decided to make it my summer anthem. ''Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna be my year.'' I think everyone should live their lives with that in mind. Now if you'll excuse me, there is an over sized yorkie who would like me to give him the love that I had planned on giving my swim suit. I'm sure I can find him a little extra to go along with it.

Later Days
Santi

No comments: