Friday, May 29, 2009

His girl Friday's Weekend Kick Off Song

One More Weekend - The Adademy Is...


This video was taken by xneedwantlovexx (youtuber) from their show at The Guvernment in Toronto on November 22nd 2008. I was actually at this show and it was amazing.


I couldn't find a video that had a studio version of the song that was of good quality. jesseyoderoftlsp (youtuber) playing the drums overtop of the song was as close as I could get. He's pretty good though. :-)



One More Weekend - Academy Is...
It is in my opinion that the best way to kick off a weekend is with a good song. Every Friday I am going to post a new song for you to check out and hopefully fall in love with. You can post your thoughts and opinions via comments if you'd like.

Seeing how I recently posted about The Academy Is... it only seemed fitting that they start us off. One More Weekend is the last song on their latest cd Fast Times At Barrington High. This particular song is my personal favorite off the album. Some others worth checking out would be The Test, Automatic Eyes and Beware Cougar. The whole cd is pretty solid though; I don't skip past any songs. It was a very laid back feel to it for the most part. It's pretty versitle in the sense that you can be in any mood at any time in any place and it will never fail to be a good fit. This Chicago based band has some tour dates comming up in July for my American readers. Hopefully they'll be back in Canada shortly. They are deffinately worth checking out live if you are given the chance. They have two other cds in addition to Fast Times. Almost Home was their debut followed by Santi.

www.myspace.com/theacademyis

Later Days
Santi

No comments: