Friday, June 05, 2009

His girl Friday's Weekend Kick Off Song



Sink Into Me - Taking Back Sunday




I started thinking of what song to do for this week as soon as I finished writing for last week. I had decided on Boy In A Magazine by Socratic, which is a great song. I ended up spending the weekend in Mississauga/Toronto with my boyfriend. We went to a baseball game Saturday afternoon and as we were driving back he put on the new cd from Taking Back Sunday. I instantly fell in love with Sink Into Me. I could not get it out of my head. Lucky for me he sent me home with the cd and I have yet to stop listening to it.

I don't what the weather is like where you are but it's going to be beautiful all weekend long here. Blue skies and high temperatures. This song is perfect for car rides, parties by the pool or on the patio or even just making out with someone. It has this high energy about it that makes you want to get up and dance or rock out or something.

To give you a bit of background info on Taking Back Sunday... They have four studio released albums. New Again (2009), Louder Now (2006), Where You Want To Be (2004) and of course my personal favorite Tell All Your Friends (2002). They have a 5 song EP as well but it didn't really get much notice. They're from Long Island, New York and formed the band in 1999. They've had a lot of different members come and go over the years and because of that there a few bands that have ex members in them. Some of these bands that you might want to check out would be The Color Fred, Straylight Run and Brand New. They released their first album in 2002 with Victory record but was later picked up by Warner and released their third album in 2006 with them.

If you'd like to see them play I believe they are touring all summer long. They will be playing at The Kool Haus on June 23rd in Toronto. Tickets are $31.50. They'll be playing with Anberlin and Envy On The Coast. They'll also be joining Weezer and Chester French on the Second half of the blink182 reunion tour which comes to The Molson Amphitheater on August 23rd in Toronto. Tickets are ridiculously expensive for the Canadian stops on this tour. If there are even any left you can try www.ticketmaster.ca for more info.

If you'd like to hear more from Tacking Back Sunday I'd recommend picking up their first cd, Tell All Your Friends, as it will not disappoint. Enjoy your weekend!
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/405155 (Kool Haus Date)
http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/408584/ (Molson Amphitheater Date)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taking_Back_Sunday (Where I got most of my info from)
http://www.takingbacksunday.com
http://www.myspace.com/takingbacksunday




Later Days
Santi

No comments: