Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And So It Ends...


Not only are we coming to the end of another calendar year but a decade as well. In a few days 2009 will be a thing of the past. '09 has been a rough year for a lot of people, my self included. I'm sure a lot of people are eager to put it behind them. 2009 has taught me that life is anything but a cake walk and that you can be thrown a curve ball without a moments notice. Whether you catch that curve ball or drop it or completely miss it or have it hit you in the face is not the point though. It's about whether you shake it off and get ready to catch the next one and pull your self into the fetal position and cry, waiting for someone to come help you get back on your feet.

In 2009 I lost friends, was broke, constantly looking for a job, had multiple almost break ups with my boyfriend along with a bunch of other unpleasant issues and dilemmas. I learned that you should not depend on anyone but your self and the importance of Independence, self reliance, knowing who your real friends are and having a sense of humour. If you can't laugh at your self and the mess you're in than it's going to make your bad day seem a lot longer than it needs to be.

Even though 2009 was basically cleaning up one mess after another, it wasn't all bad. I did some pretty rad things in 2009. I spent the weekend in Niagara Falls for my birthday with some of my closest friends. I went to Detroit with Allan and our car got stuck in the snow on 8 Mile. I hung out on the beach in Grand Bend a few times this summer with friends, one of those trips I was able to defeat Allan in a game of air hockey. I saw A LOT of concerts, far too many to list. I was there for blink-182's first Canadian show on their reunion tour. I made a few new friends and reconnected with old ones. Spent time in bars, both gay and straight. Saw both the world and people in a different light. I went to my first +19 plus show and tweeted like a teenie. I bought my first drink at a show, that happened to be all ages. I told far to many 'That's What She Said' jokes and most importantly, lived life.

As horrible as people claim 2009 was I have no regrets. I lived life. My uncle once said to me something along the lines of this: I am where I am because I made a series of choices. He's a pretty wise and rad dude, if I say so myself. Sometimes you need to make mistakes and get your hands dirty to end up where you want to be. I may not be exactly where I want to be or have all the answers yet, but I'm 21 years old. I'm not suppose to be any where close to being near the finish line.

To all that read my blog I wish you all a happy holiday season. I hope that you all have high hopes for 2010. I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty, take a risk, or take that leap into the unknown. It may have a huge pay off in the end. Don't let anything stand in your way. Open that business, go to school, record a demo, post a blog, sell your painting. Grab your dreams and run with it.

Thank you to everyone who have been there to support me and accept me for the mess that I am. Sarah H, Erin, Holly, Mom, Dad, Uncle Peter, Aunt Theresa, Allan, Tyson, Jesse, Nicki, Ryan Isemeyer, Ashely... You guys are why I am here today in one piece. Thank You.

Love Peace Happiness

Later Days
Santi

No comments: